Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pomona Fire Victim Fundraiser on Wednesday Night


So by now you've read about this on every other blog in town, and maybe even in the newspaper. But here's yet another announcement of the fundraiser at DBA tonight. I'm pretty particular about my lungs, so I didn't make it out to any of the work parties for the fire victims. So I will at least try to make it out tomorrow.

By the way, the day after the fire, in the gutter across the street on Garey, I found a partial wood figurine of, I think, a gopher. I assume it came from one of the homes that burned, as it smelled like fire (not so much anymore). I am eager to return it to it's rightful owner on the chance it means something to someone.

My friend was a victim of the Oakland fire up North. When she went through the rubble, the only thing she could save was her favorite tube top and a gargoyle. She appreciated having even this. Of course for all I know, what I found was not a momento from the fire, but the top of a passerby's wooden cane.

THE END

And here is the rest of it.

No comments: