Wednesday, July 18, 2007
It takes a village to raise (standards at) a Stater brother
I have been meaning to write a letter to Stater Bros. for pretty much...well forever. I encourage anyone reading this blog who shops (or would like to feel comfortable shopping) at our last remaining Pomona Stater Bros., to write them too. I'll make it easy for you, here's their corporate address:
Jack H. Brown, Chairman and CEO
21700 Barton Rd., Colton, CA, United States
Phone: 909)783-5000, FAx:(909)783-5098 fax
Suggestions for what you can address in the letter:
1. The absence of hand baskets for about two years now.
2. The homeless people and drug addicts who are allowed to gather all around the building and parking lot.
3. Their installation of a recyclying center which has become a nuisance and brings even more transients into the area.
3. Their not carrying fresh La Brea bakery bread daily like their other locations.
4. Their not adding any(?)/enough additional checkers once the two Pomona stores merged.
5. Their lack of appreciation for their next door neighbor: a stable, residential area where homes sales now top $700,000. A neighborhood whose residents would love to walk to the grocery store, but instead drive across town because they don't feel comfortable at the local SB.
What you can praise them for:
1. Produce that always looks fresh and tidy.
2. Checkers that are downhome and friendly.
3. I suppose the fact that they have kept the Pomona store open at all. Jeesh, how sad!
Maybe if they get enough letters and see that the village cares about standards at the store, they'll actually do something about it. Then again, we could get the City involved to form a committee and study it for a year first. Nah, I think we go grass roots on this one.