Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tuesday The Fourth

Okay, it's my least favorite holiday since I don't like fireworks, but I suppose I have to at least mention that Tuesday is the fourth of July. Yes, there's a big fireworks show called Kaboom that y'all must know about, but I don't know how appropriate it is for little bitty kids and their itty bitty ear drums. I do just fine watching the lights explode from inside the comfort of my own house without the accompanying kabooming sound.

Our evil stepsister Claremont is, however, having an all day festival on Tuesday the fourth at Memorial Park from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The festival culminates with a parade at 4 p.m. down Indian Hill to Larkin Park (on Harrison). They'll be kid's games, activities and contests as well as food and retail vendor booths. And no fireworks until later, thank goodness. Sounds fun actually. For all the red, white and blue details, go here: http://www.ci.claremont.ca.us/ps.leisurerecreation.cfm?ID=145

Sorry to grinch out on you, but my fingers simply refuse to post a pretty picture for you.

No comments: